Dr. Rajesh said that there are many causes of diarrhea and vomiting the most common being viral. Symptoms usually begin about one to two days after the exposure to the source of the infection. Vomiting and diarrhea can be harmful because they can cause dehydration. Dehydration occurs when you lose too much fluid.
He explained the following Sign and symptoms of Diarrhea and vomiting:-
- Abdominal pain
- Unusual fatigue or feeling faint
People may feel very sick and vomit many times a day. Most people improve within three days.
- Bacteria, parasites ,viruses
- Food poisoning e.g. from food that has been improperly stored
- Consumption of irritating food, drink or medication
- Overeating or overdrinking
- Stress or anxiety
He suggested the following self-care:–
- Do not eat or drink anything for several hours after vomiting.
- Sip small amounts of water or suck ice chips every 15 minutes for 3-4 hours
- Sip clear liquid like water, apple juice etc.
- Drink oral rehydration drinks ORS
- Wash hands diligently after using the toilet and prior to eating