Our CHW visited the Primary School Dhanouran and make aware of children that keeping a clean hand is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Hand washing is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of many infections. Good hand washing is the first line of defense against the spread of many illnesses — from the common cold to more serious infections, such as meningitis, bronchiolitis, the flu, hepatitis A, and many types of diarrhea.
when to wash your hand.
- Before eating
- After using the bathroom
- After cleaning around the house
- After touching animals, including family pets
- Before and after visiting or taking care of any sick friends or relatives
- After blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After being outside playing, gardening, walking the dog, etc.